DIY – Crafts: Party Containers from Paper Plates

If you’re ready, I have a quick and easy DIY project for you. And it’s great for your kids, too. I’m going to show you how to take a plain paper plate and turn it into a cute little party container in 4 easy steps!

DIY: Party Containers from Paper Plates

Here’s what it’s going to look like when it’s all finished…

DIY/Crafts: Party Containers from Paper Plates | Decorating Files | #diy #crafts #kidscrafts #paperplatecrafts

And now for the easy “how-to”…

Step 1: Draw a square in the center of a paper plate. Extend the lines to the outer edge of the plate as shown in the picture. (NOTE: I had a square canister lid, so I centered it and then traced around it. It was just a little too big, so I measured in a 1/2″ all around and drew my lines from there. You can see both sets of lines.)

Step 2: Cut every other line from the outside to just the square. Don’t cut past the lines that make up the square.

Step 3: Fold the plate IN on all the lines.

Step 4: As you fold each piece, place them one inside the other and you’ll see the box starting to form. The little flappy pieces (not sure what to call them) go on the inside of the box. Place clothespins on each corner to hold the pieces together.

Step 5: Tie some raffia around the box. Not too tight or you can crush the box. Then remove the clothespins. Voila! You have a cute little party box!

There are so many things you can do to decorate this box and ways to use it. Here are a few ideas…

• Use different color ribbon
  • Make it with colorful paper plates
  • Add stickers
  • Color or paint designs on it
  • Write guest’s names on it
  • Use it for birthdays, showers and other parties
  • Use it to hold party favors, fruit, snacks, candy or small cookies

These boxes are so easy to make and there’s no mess to clean up! It’s a fun project for kids. Not only do they get to be creative with decorating it, but they can fill it with lots of goodies when they’re done!

Now that is what I call using what you have. I love that you recycled simply paper plates, and embellished them to be even cute. Well done. winks, jen

I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment Jen. And thank you for hosting the link party!

This is so cool! You sure have an eye for seeing things differently, and beautifully. I’m loving this! Thanks for sharing. Found your post at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia. I hope you’ll stop by and visit at Quirky Vistas!

Thank you Liz. Glad you stopped by. I’m coming over to your house now! See you in a minute!

What an awesome idea! Love this, and they are just so dang cute!! Thanks so much for sharing. I’m going to have to do this for an upcoming family get together!!

Have a lovely afternoon!

Brilliant! What a great idea. It kind of bothers me that I never thought of that!! I have a ton of those plates that aren’t really sturdy enough for a party, but great for popcorn or a little gift!

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment DeeAnna! These are great if you need something last minute to bring to a party, just whip up a bunch of these and fill them with a special treat. Put them in a basket or on a tray and you’re ready to go!

Hi Melanie! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Glad you like the project. It is so easy to do; have fun with it!

Thank you Lauren! And thanks for the link; I’ll share this on Tuesday. Have a great weekend, too!

What a great idea – these look awesome! Thanks so much for coming out to the party at Clean and Scentsible. I’ll be featuring these on Sunday. Have a great weekend!
    Jenn 🙂

Love It!
    I am doing 20 projects to create with paper plates for my Main Ingredient Monday post! You must have been reading my mind! I will definitely be adding yours to my list!

Yay! I’m so excited to hear that! Thank you so much. I’m looking forward to seeing all the other paper plate projects.

Thank you, Kassi! I was so excited when I stopped by your blog and saw these little boxes. So glad you like them!

What a fun project. I love the idea of using the little boxes at a popcorn bar or a movie night!

Thanks so very much for sharing on Show and Tell Wednesday at SNAP!

xoxo, Tauni

You’re welcome, Tauni. Thanks for stopping by! You’re right; these boxes are great for movie night!

Thanks for stopping Jane and leaving such a nice comment. I think the children will have a lot of fun making these. Thanks for the pin, too!

Hi Peggy,
    What a cute idea; love it! I can see this used so many ways and a great activity for kids when camping or watching a movie in the backyard on summer nights. Quick and easy cleanup! Thanks for sharing and you’ve been pinned! : )

You’re welcome and thank you. I found your party via a comment you left on another one of my posts! I added your button to my Linky Parties page.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Karen! Great idea! These would be ideal for party favors.

Hi, Peggy! Thank you for sharing this great idea! I can’t wait to have an excuse to make these cute containers! Thanks for linking up to our blog party too. You rock!

well now, isn’t that just clever…and an inexpensive party favor…dish!

I can think of a ton of uses!

thanks for showing it. I just found bliss ranch…and I just found you!