15 Ways to Decorate with Burlap

It’s all about beautiful, versatile burlap today! Burlap is very popular in home decor right now. What’s so great about it is that it looks just as fabulous paired with reclaimed wood as it does crystal chandeliers. Burlap is also a relatively inexpensive way to add charm to any room.  If you like to do fun DIY projects, you can find tons of ways to use burlap and it won’t break your budget. And if you aren’t so inclined, shops are filled with burlap furniture and accessories that are all ready for you. I have to admit, I love to check out what the stores have then see if it’s something I can make myself (and for a lot less!) Here are 15 photos for inspiration!

1. Burlap Accent Pillows

Burlap Accent Pillows

Ballard Designs

2. Burlap Chair Bows

Burlap Chair Bows

Pinterest (Original Source Unknown)

3. Burlap Bed Skirt

14. Burlap Framed Picture Matting

Burlap Picture Frame Matting

Pottery Barn

15. Burlap Table Runner

Burlap Table Runner

Wedding Chicks

One thing I’d love to have is the Versailles Domed Burlap-Backed Chair. I’ve loved that chair since the first time I saw one in a hotel. I can’t make that, but I am looking forward to working on a couple of other burlap projects this month. Which one of the items I’ve shared with you today do you like the best or has inspired you the most?

About Peggy Pardo

Interior decorator, professional organizer, DIYer, blog writer, author of The Moving Handbook
Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to 15 Ways to Decorate with Burlap

1. melanie says:

It is so hard to choose!!! I like them all! I could make those place mats, that table runner and that wall organizer! Love those framed picture mats too though. And that shower curtain…………….

2. I love all these ideas, thanks for sharing!

3. Laura Bray says:

I love the place mats and the outdoor curtains. Normally, I’m not a burlap kind of gal, but you may have converted me today!

• Peggy Pardo says:

Seeing all the great ways to use burlap also changed my way of viewing it, Laura. It can actually look so elegant!

4. Jacquelynne says:

These are all fabulous ideas. My daughter had burlap table runners at her wedding this past June, and they looked beautiful.

5. Jen Goode says:

I absolutely adore this collection of burlap decor ideas. Burlap and canvas are favorite textures of mine… I love seeing such elegant ideas using such a rustic style texture – gorgeous. Thank you for sharing all these great ideas!

6. Erika Taylor says:

Your blog is quickly becoming a favorite place for me Peggy. Your posts and content are so stinkin inspiring!!!

7. Bliss says:

I think my favorite is the chair with the ruffled skirt. Wonder how that feels to sit on next to skin because I really like that look and have some dining chairs in need of a redo.

~Bliss~

• Peggy Pardo says:

You can soften the burlap up a bit by washing it first. I think it would look fabulous on dining chairs!

8. Love all these ideas but the burlap bed skirt is calling my name!

9. Holly says:

Seriously fantastic blog post today!!! I adore burlap and this post had so many fabulous ideas. thanks so much for sharing!

10. Ann Butler says:

These were all great but I especially loved the wall organizer; it is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

11. That was very interesting! I really enjoyed some of those uses of burlap.

12. Michael Muro says:

Love the bed skirt. Thanks for sharing!

13. AdrianLarsson says:

This may be a ridiculous question… but where do you buy the kind of burlap to do these crafts? I bought some off the internet that was so stiff, it was a pain to work with. I was able to hot glue it to cardboard boxes and make “baskets”, so not all was lost. Anyway, do regular fabric stores sell burlap?
    Thanks for the post!!

• Peggy Pardo says:

There’s no such thing as a ridiculous question, Adrian. :) Most fabric stores sell burlap. It’s always nice to be able to touch and feel what you’re buying. I’ve bought burlap at Joann’s and have been very satisfied with it. I know many of my readers have ordered it on-line. I’ll see what other sources I can find for you.

If anyone is reading this and has a suggestion, would love for you to add it to the comments! :)