8 Fabulous Colors for Front Doors

Dress up your entryway! Your front door should stand out from the rest of your house. It’s an opportunity to bring in a bold, dramatic color that you don’t necessarily have to repeat anywhere else on the house.  A freshly painted front door will not only improve your home’s curb appeal, but it’s also a great way to give it a whole new personality. Have fun with it and dare to paint it in an unexpected color. Here are 8 fabulous color choices for front doors that would definitely make your entryway “pop”.

Colors for Front Doors

Red Front Door

Maria Killam

Turquoise Front Door

Coastal Living

Yellow Front Door

HGTV

What color is your front door? If you could change the color, what color would you choose?

About Peggy Pardo

Interior decorator, professional organizer, DIYer, blog writer, author of The Moving Handbook
Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to 8 Fabulous Colors for Front Doors

1. Dawna Jones says:

Love that! I did a blog on this awhile back and I’m with you I think the front door needs to different in style and color so that it and only it becomes the focal! My favorite is the pink,it’s so unexpected and is so pretty next to the starkness of everything else.

• Peggy Pardo says:

Hi Dawna! I agree, pink is very unexpected for a front door; that’s what makes it so much fun! That door has a cool design to it, as well.

2. Laura Bray says:

I love this. I’m looking for a new color for my front door. The last time I did a front door makeover, I painted my address on the center of the door. You can see it: http://katydiddys.blogspot.com/2010/05/front-door-makeover.html

• Peggy Pardo says:

You did a fabulous job! A few little tweaks made such a big difference. Your house color is neutral, so your options are pretty open. Does your HOA have any restrictions?

3. Catherine says:

I love #4708 perfect color and looks beautiful with the white!

4. Erika Taylor says:

I’ve always wanted a red door. These are beautiful photos Peggy. Thanks for the post today

5. Jacquelynne says:

Oh I love them all! My door is dark green- has been for over 10 years- and I’m ready for a change! Thanks for the inspiration.

6. OMGosh Peggy! I totally love these. Thanks for sharing!!!

7. Ann Butler says:

what a great post, I love these. The purple totally caught my eye although the red is great too!

8. Holly says:

Oh my! This totally makes me want to paint my door red!

9. Julie says:

I love vibrant doors. I have had a red door, which was charming. The bold colors are so fun.

10. Anastasia says:

I love the red door….do you know what brand and color it is? Thank you!

• Peggy Pardo says:

Red is very popular! That particular shade is from a company in Canada. It’s called Earthenware 3E1-8 by Beauti-Tone Paints and is available through Home Hardware. If you don’t live in Canada, you could probably request a color chip and then have it colored matched. Here’s their website http://www.homehardware.ca/en/index.htm

11. Patty says:

My house is white with a dark green trim.. I love the red door, but will it be too Christmasy looking?

• Peggy Pardo says:

It really depends on how much green there is, Patty and the shade of green. If it’s just on the trim and it’s a very deep green, you could have a red door without it looking like the holidays year round provided it’s the right red. I’d go with a color closer to a brick red than a true red. If you were to change the trim color, you’d have more options in red for your door.:)

• Patty says:

Thank you so much, I’m leaning more towards a darker cranberry color, and if anything I’ll make my husband reprint the trim.. Works for me!!