8 Fabulous Colors for Front Doors

Dress up your entryway! Your front door should stand out from the rest of your house. It’s an opportunity to bring in a bold, dramatic color that you don’t necessarily have to repeat anywhere else on the house.  A freshly painted front door will not only improve your home’s curb appeal, but it’s also a great way to give it a whole new personality. Have fun with it and dare to paint it in an unexpected color. Here are 8 fabulous color choices for front doors that would definitely make your entryway “pop”.

Colors for Front Doors

Red Front Door

Maria Killam

Turquoise Front Door

Coastal Living

Yellow Front Door

HGTV

What color is your front door? If you could change the color, what color would you choose?

Comments

Hi Dawna! I agree, pink is very unexpected for a front door; that’s what makes it so much fun! That door has a cool design to it, as well.

You did a fabulous job! A few little tweaks made such a big difference. Your house color is neutral, so your options are pretty open. Does your HOA have any restrictions?

Red is very popular! That particular shade is from a company in Canada. It’s called Earthenware 3E1-8 by Beauti-Tone Paints and is available through Home Hardware. If you don’t live in Canada, you could probably request a color chip and then have it colored matched. Here’s their website http://www.homehardware.ca/en/index.htm

Patty says

My house is white with a dark green trim.. I love the red door, but will it be too Christmasy looking?

It really depends on how much green there is, Patty and the shade of green. If it’s just on the trim and it’s a very deep green, you could have a red door without it looking like the holidays year round provided it’s the right red. I’d go with a color closer to a brick red than a true red. If you were to change the trim color, you’d have more options in red for your door.:)

Patty says

Thank you so much, I’m leaning more towards a darker cranberry color, and if anything I’ll make my husband reprint the trim.. Works for me!!

Colleen Walrond says

I just want to know the name and or number of the purple door with wreath on the door color. And the paint co., is it Benjamin Moore? You advertise this lovely color but how does someone purchase it if you don’t disclose the color or paint color number?

Thank you. If you can’t help I will color match and use another paint company to get the same color. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately Colleen, there was no paint information included with the image source. However, from what I see on my monitor, Benjamin Moore Exotic Purple is very close. Colors can vary from monitor to monitor, so you may not be seeing it the same way I do. I’d suggest testing out a few samples to find the right color for you. The images included in this post were for inspiration, not as promotion for specific colors. Because of how colors can vary on display, I usually only list brands and colors when they are specifically noted from the source. :)