I have some great kitchen island ideas for you today! And you have my friend Laura Bray of Katydiddys to thank for it. On Facebook Saturday, I posted a photo of a cool DIY kitchen island I found at Apartment Therapy. (It’s number 3 on this post.) Laura commented that she is looking for a kitchen island and asked if I had any more ideas. Well, heck yes! I have plenty of fabulous kitchen island ideas!
Kitchen Island Ideas
A little about these kitchen islands…
- All the kitchen islands I’m sharing with you today are movable. They’re not permanently affixed to the floor. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they couldn’t be anchored down. I just wanted to show some ideas for islands that allowed you to bring them into your kitchen without major construction.
- I’ve provided a variety of styles from modern to traditional, country to classic and a few in between.
- These islands come from home decor stores, flea markets, salvage stores, and old furniture that’s been re-purposed.
- There are also some really cool DIY projects. I’ve provided a link to the original source, so that you can follow it through to find out more about an island or read a tutorial on how it was made.
Repurposed Furniture, Doors and Salvaged Items
1. An old dresser- Little Green Notebook
2. An old door – You Are Who I Am
3. An old dresser – Apartment Therapy
4. Found on a dumpster dive – Pieces of the Past
5. A wine barrel – MT Tails
6. Two dressers – Remodeling Guy
7. Made from a pallet – Beyond the Picket Fence
Steel and Metal
14. Better Homes and Gardens
15. Funk Junk Sisters
16. Better Homes and Gardens
17. A plain island that got a makeover – From My Front Porch to Yours
18. Better Homes and Gardens
19. Welcome to Heardmont
20. Ana White
21. Country Living
22. A dining table – House and Home
23. Vintage Living Lisa Luby Ryan
25. Restoration Hardward
26. Made from a fallen oak and a hand-carved
cherry log painted white – House Beautiful
Open Shelving and More
I hope you enjoyed these kitchen island ideas. Do you have a favorite?