Tutu Table Skirt Ideas

A tutu table skirt, it doesn’t get any girlier than that! After all, what is more graceful and feminine than a lovely ballerina in a tutu? And everyone knows that all the beautiful princesses have dresses made out of yards and yards of soft tulle. So what better way to bring that look to the home, than to wrap a table in a tutu. This is such a pretty look for a little girl’s bedroom, party tables and even a big girl’s desk. In a little girl’s room you could wrap a vanity, play table or night stand. For special events or parties, you could use a it to dress up the food or dessert tables. This is a fabulous look for bridal and baby showers. Australian interior designer Anna Spiro wrapped her office desk in black tulle. I’d love to copy that look and use a black table tutu on our Halloween buffet. Add a few spiders and some sparkles, it’s ready to go. Here are some tutu table skirt ideas to spark your decorating imagination.

Tutu Table Skirt Ideas

Tutu Table Skirt: Interior designer Anna Spiro wrapped her office desk in black tulle.

Interior Designer Anna Spiro’s Office
Absolutely Beautiful Things

Tutu Table Skirt: Pink tulle added to an end table creates a feminine table for a little girl

Frog Princess Couture

Tutu Table Skirt: Bring style to a tea party by adding a pink tutu to the table

Sassy Sanctuary

Tutu Table Skirt: This wedding cake table is made all the more special with a pink tulle table skirt

Mosaic

Tutu Table Skirt: A sheer layer of pink tulle over pink toile fabric creates a lovely end table

The Frog and the Princess

Tutu Table Skirt: Lots of layers of delicate pink tulle create a very feminine party table

Catch My Party

Tutu Table Skirt: Bright red tulle livens up this party table

Catch My Party

Tutu Table Skirt: Pink tulle helps set the mood for this baby shower buffet table

A Little Cuppa Tea

I found a great tutorial for creating your own tulle tutu table skirt at EHow. Later, I’ll share some more ideas I found using tutus. Be sure to check back for it. In the meantime, do you think you’ll be trying any of these ideas? Which ones do you like the best?

Comments

mj says

I just love this- I have done 3 wedding and tulle is my fav..
    Can’t wait to try this….

alisi says

hi peggy this might be a dumb question but im desperate i love love these ideas only problem is i dont sew at all i was wondering could i hot glue the tutu material to an elastic band instead of sewing it would really appreciate your reply thank you!

btw your designs are AHHHMAZING!

Thank you, Alisi; I’m glad you’re enjoying the selection of tutu table skirts I featured. The answer to your question is “yes”. You can use a hot glue gun on tulle. However, I don’t think it would work well with the elastic as it won’t allow for much give when you stretch the elastic. In place of the elastic, measure a piece of wide ribbon or finished strip of cloth to go around the table (allowing extra length for tying). Mark off where the tulle will begin and end (the circumference of the table). Then glue the tulle to the ribbon/cloth. Be sure not to glue tulle to the portion you’ll tying. You can then wrap it around the table and tie it off in a bow in the back. It will work like an apron. :)

Christina says

Hi, I was wondering if you have figured out how to make the wavy tulle skirt. I love it and would likek to make one.
    Thanks!
    Chris

As a matter of fact, that is the project I’m working on now. The tutorial will be featured in a post in October! :)

michaude adams says

The desk with the black tulle around it is the tulle sewn on to elastic? I was wondering could I use soething else to iron the tulle on and then wrap around the desk to tie a bow on it. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

You could use a strip of fabric that matches the color of the tulle and tie it in a bow, Michaude. Or attach Velcro to the strip and the table to make it easy to remove. :)

Alexis Menhennitt says

Love the Sassy Sanctuary. The wavy ribbon is just what I’ve been looking for but would like to know how to make this. Wondering if you could help. Thank you

I’ve been promising a tutorial for that for quite some time, but haven’t had the time yet. I finally bought my supplies and hope to have it up soon. :)

says

THANKS FOR PICKING UP MY SITE. AS TO THE TULLE SKIRT THAT I MADE. I DONT SEW, AND I DIDNT HOT GLUE THEM EITHER. I JUST CUT THEM IN STRIPS, FOLDED THEM IN HALF, USED THE LOOP AT THE END, AND STRUNG BOTH ENDS THROUGH THE LOOP THEN PULLED. I USED AN ELASTIC SEWING BAND FOR THE SKIRT, THEN SAFETY PINNED IT ON THE TABLE. THANKS AGAIN!