Thrifty Thursday is back with more cheap decorating ideas! Today’s thrifty ideas range from super-simple DIY to a bit-more-involved-but-still-fun-to-do. They’re all great ways to bring style to your home without breaking the bank.
Cheap Decorating Ideas
1. Paint a plain piece of furniture in your favorite color and accent it with upholstery tacks.
2. This is cute idea for writing the menu for the evening, a shopping list, or quick family messages. All you need to do is paint a wood plank with chalkboard paint. Here’s the tutorial.
3. Sometimes you want the shelf, but not the brackets. The solution? Floating shelves. They’re inexpensive and easy-to-build with this great tutorial.
4. These lovely floor-standing candle holders were made from newel posts and fence post toppers. Check out this simple tutorial.
5. This X-bench looks just as fabulous as the inspiration piece, but was made for a fraction of the cost. The tutorial is a little more detailed than the ones above, but it’s easy-to-follow. I am definitely trying this one. I love these benches!
Which of these ideas do you think you’ll try? Do you have any cheap decorating ideas you’d like to share?