It’s time for more cheap decorating ideas on Thrifty Thursday! I’ve found some unique projects for you this week. Each one has a tutorial. They all have a few more steps than the ones I shared last week, but they’re still pretty easy to do. I think you’ll find that the end result is worth the extra effort!
Cheap Decorating Ideas
1. Upcycle old books by turning them into a cool, one-of-a-kind lamp.
2. This is a great DIY project! The Not So Newlywed McGees turned an outdated coffee table into a contemporary tufted ottoman. I’m looking for the right table so I can try this for my living room.
3. These cute snack trays are from The House on Harrison. They’re made out of discarded cabinet doors. They’d be great for slumber parties, movie night, or picnics.
4. I love cupcakes and serve them often at parties. I’ve been wanting to get a tiered cupcake stand, but may make my own now that I’ve seen this one from Shanty 2 Chic. She made this tower for less than fifteen dollars out of a couple of 1 X 2’s and some wooden candlesticks .
5. Carrie over at 2 Friends & 2 Cities has a nifty idea for old shutters. Give a trio of shutters a distressed finish then use them as a creative way to display family photos and art.
You can see all the cheap decorating ideas that I’ve featured on Thrifty Thursday by clicking here or on the tab “Thrifty Thursday” at the top of the page.