Christmas Table Ideas. Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it’s time to rev up for Christmas! Each Tuesday until Christmas, Tabletop Tuesday will be featuring lots of ideas for your Christmas table. Today it’s all about red and white!
Christmas Table Ideas: Decorating with Red and White
1. Set the color scheme by topping a white linen table cloth with runners made out of red ticking fabric. Continue it with red chargers, ribbons and winter berries.
2. What’s Christmas without candles? Plain pillar candles are given a sweet treatment by adding striped candy canes tied with ribbon. Glue the unwrapped candy canes in place; then tie a decorative ribbon around them.
3. Red and white carnations placed on a striped runner take center stage on this candy cane themed table. Red and white pipe cleaners are used to create candy cane shaped napkin rings. Fill small glasses with more candy canes, then tie with red ribbon for an extra punch of color.
4. Give your dining room chairs a festive touch by wrapping them with wide red satin ribbon and adding some greenery.
5. Ruby red glasses are a fabulous way to bring color to your holiday table.
6. Mix and match red and white dishes, then layer them for an interesting and lovely holiday table.
7. A beautiful holiday table doesn’t have to be expensive. These adorable striped place mats were made from cake circles and ribbon. Check out this easy tutorial.
8. To bring even more holiday cheer to the table, drape a white chandelier in red beads and ornaments.
9. Over-sized white snowflakes and red stars hung from the ceiling are both fun and dramatic.
10. For a different twist on a centerpiece, fill jars with red and white candy. Buy inexpensive glass jars or make your own using glass jars you’ve saved from jelly, olives, etc. After dinner, you can give the filled jars out as gifts.
Do you have a favorite color you like to decorate with at Christmas?