Reading nooks are special spaces where you can escape to get lost in a fantastic book. One of my favorite pastimes is reading. Once I find a good book, I can’t put it down. I have a few different places in my home where I like to read. They each have comfy seating and great lighting. Some houses come with areas that are tailor-made for a bench with a slew of pillows on it. But if yours doesn’t have such a spot, you can make your own. All you need is a little inspiration. I’ve found 10 fabulous reading nooks to help you with that.
1. In this room, a recessed area covered in beadboard and an eclectic mix of pillows makes a cozy spot for reading.
2. Flanked by curtains, this reading nook offers a fabulous waterview. You can draw the curtains for complete privacy.
4. A regular closet has been transformed into a fabulous reading spot complete with storage and lighting. The board-and-batten adds to the coziness. Curtains frame the area and can be closed for privacy.
5. Simple bookshelves, fun curtains for privacy and a comfy pillow are all this reading corner needs to make it special. These Moments of Mine came up with such a clever idea for using the often wasted space created by dormer windows.
6. Make a fun reading area for your kids by putting together a really cool tent. The Lawrence Girls show you how easy it is to build one.
7. You can create the perfect reading spot out of stock cabinet pieces and shelving units.
8. The unused space beneath the stairs is the ideal spot to create a cozy reading area.
9. What better spot to read a book than one with an amazing view.
10. These jewel tone colors and elegant fabrics create a sophisticated spot to relax and read.
Do you have a special spot you like to read? Which one of these reading nooks inspires you the most?