Sliding barn doors add so much charm and character to a room. They provide privacy without requiring all the floor space needed for a swing-open door. And don’t let the term “barn” lead you astray. These doors aren’t just for country-style homes. They work well with contemporary, traditional and modern styles, too.
Sliding Barn Doors
1. Bring attention to this unique feature by painting sliding barn doors in a bold color.
2. Plain barn doors are given new style when embellished with wood pieces and painted in contrasting colors.
3. To save on space in this remodeled Huston home, antique painted doors were installed on rollers.
4. Sliding barn doors are an ideal way to keep the television out of sight over a fireplace mantel.
5. These sliding doors look fabulous in this contemporary style home. The black metal hardware accents the warm wood finish.
6. Sliding doors work great in the kitchen as pantry doors. They’re easy to slide and don’t take up floor space when open.
7. For a bit of the unexpected, use huge full length mirrors in place of barn doors.
If you’re ready to build or install your own sliding barn doors, here are some helpful resources for you:
- DIY Network: How To Build a Sliding Barn Door
- House Tweaking: DIY Sliding Barn Door: Part I
- House Tweaking: DIY Sliding Barn Door: Part II
- Real Sliding Hardware
- Crown Industrial
Do you have a sliding barn door in you house? Have you ever thought about installing one?