Nailhead trim is a great way to add style for less money! When you’re decorating on a budget, one way to save money is to make it yourself. Adding nailhead trim to a DIY project or piece of furniture you already have can give it a whole new look. You can take the ordinary and elevate it to the extraordinary. They’re pretty easy to work with, too. You can add them individually or in strips where a tack is placed every fifth nailhead or so. Which type you use really depends on what you’re working on and the design you’ve created. I found five fun DIY projects for you. Each one is trimmed with nailheads.
Nailhead Trim DIY Projects
1. Put your feet up and relax on this gorgeous ottoman or place a tray on it and use it as a table. Best of all, this project is completely no-sew! I love the pleats and tufted button seat. No-Sew Round Ottoman Tutorial Part One, No-Sew Round Ottoman Tutorial Part Two
2. Nailhead trimmed headboards can be very expensive. But you can make your own for a fraction of the price and still get the high-end look you want. Nailhead Trim Headboard Tutorial
3. Turn a plain old side table into something fabulous by adding shiny gold nailhead trim in a unique design. Nailhead Trim Side Table Tutorial
4. Make a statement in your room by creating a bold pattern on the ceiling with nailhead trim. This really isn’t that difficult to do, but it does require a bit of patience. Nailhead Trim Ceiling Tutorial
5. Wooden letters on burlap get a bit of a glam treatment when highlighted by the addition of a nailhead trim border. Wooden Letters on Burlap with Nailhead Trim Tutorial
There are a few of these projects that are definitely going on my “must-do” list. How about you? Which one of these do you think you’d like to try?