Bedroom Nightstand Ideas. Having a nightstand next to my bed is a must. There has to be a place for at least 2 things – my clock and the latest book I’m reading. The phone is on the Hub’s side; that way if it rings, he can answer it. Our nightstands are actually small chests. They offer plenty of additional storage space in our bedroom. I love to use furniture and other items in ways other than they were intended. Especially when I’m working on a design project with a small budget. In looking for inspiration for unique nightstands, I found some fun alternatives that are also very functional.
Bedroom Nightstand Ideas
1. You can make a functional and attractive nightstand by simply placing a shelf on decorative brackets. Add extra style by trimming it out in fancy molding. Paint it all white for a fresh, crisp look.
2. When is a chair not a chair? When it’s a funky nightstand! I know I’ve used chairs as a catch-all, so why not make it official and turn it into a cool nightstand.
3. Stack old suitcases on top of one another for a unique nightstand. Then, top it all off with a tray or mirror.
4. This vintage stepladder makes a nifty nightstand and provides lots of display area. The distressed finish gives it even more charm.
5. Another vintage stepladder finds new life as a nightstand. The steps work perfectly for holding an alarm clock and reading material.
6. The thin shape of a console table provides lots of area for necessities and decorative items without taking up much floor space. The bottom shelf adds even more space for storage or showing off collectibles.
7. Floating shelves are a great solution if you don’t have the floor space for a night stand. This one was created by turning a closet shelf upside down and attaching it to the wall. The floors are clear, but there’s plenty of surface and storage space.
8. Two Ikea tables were put together to create a modern dog bed that also functions as a nightstand. What a fabulous way to keep your furry friends comfy and next to you at night.
What’s the most interesting item you’ve ever used or seen used as a nightstand?