DIY Decorating Ideas. I know this says Thrifty Thursday and today isn’t Thursday. This post was meant to run yesterday. But life got in the way…it has a habit of doing that when I least expect it. I just step over it, try not to get any on my shoes, and then get on with things. Now onto the post…If you know me, you know I love finding great bargains and working on DIY projects. They often go hand-in-hand. When it comes to decorating a home, I believe that style can be fabulous and affordable. All it takes is a little inspiration and some elbow grease. (Okay, sometimes it’s a lot of elbow grease.) I found some very creative DIY decorating ideas. I was excited about sharing them with you and couldn’t wait until next week, so here they are!
DIY Decorating Ideas
1. This fabulous desk was made out of an outdated old dresser from the 70s. You really need to check out the “before”. It’s amazing what you can do with a jigsaw! Dresser to Desk Tutorial
2. These may look like old “books”, but they actually conceal a functional storage box. Hidden Storage Books Tutorial
3. Pallets are inexpensive and extremely versatile. In this powder room, they’ve been used to accent a wall. It added so much style and interest to the room. Pallet Wall Tutorial
4. Update your cabinet hardware for very little money by wrapping them in twine or rope. This project was inspired by knobs from Anthropologie and was done for considerably less. Cabinet Hardware Makeover Tutorial
5. When decorating a room, art can be one of the more costly elements. To save money, make your own. This colorful wall of abstract art was done with watercolors and ten dollar Ikea frames. And you don’t need to be an artist to create these fun pictures. Water Color Abstract Art Tutorial
Which one of these ideas do you like the most? Do you have any DIY decorating ideas you’d like to share?