DIY Decorating Ideas. It’s time for Thrifty Thursday and more great cheap but chic DIY decorating ideas. I found some fabulous projects for you. Enjoy!
DIY Decorating Ideas
1. Vintage, rustic storage boxes are very popular in home decor now, but they can be quite expensive and hard to find. You can make your own for fraction of the price and get the exact size you want. Vintage Wood Crate Tutorial
2. Here’s another fabulous table runner idea. This adorable bumble bee table runner was created by stenciling a painter’s drop cloth. There’s almost nothing you can’t make with those things! Bumble Bee Table Runner Tutorial
3. If your budget doesn’t allow for expensive custom wooden window cornices, make your own. It’s actually quite easy to do. You’ll save money and still get the look you want. Wooden Window Cornice Tutorial
4. Pegboards are great for organizing all sorts of things, but they don’t always look that attractive. Give one lots of style by covering it with a bold fabric, like this chevron pattern. Plan out where you want each item and make tiny slits in the fabric to allow for the hooks. Fabric Covered Pegboard Tutorial
5. For a cool wall treatment, cover 1″ by 6″ boards with metallic grass cloth and add them to the walls. They add texture and a bit of glam for a look that is coastal chic. Covered Boards Tutorial and additional photos
6. Plain cabinet ends look pretty boring. Now you can give them style by adding the look of beadboard without using power tools. How so? With beadboard wallpaper! Beadboard Wallpaper Cabinet Project Tutorial
7. Repurpose an old door into a bookcase by cutting it in half and adding shelves. Finish it off with a vibrant high-gloss color to give it a fresh modern feel. Repurposed Door Bookcase Tutorial
Which one of today’s thrifty ideas do you like the best? Do you have any ideas you’d like to share?