DIY Decorating Ideas. It’s Thrifty Thursday! Time for more inexpensive DIY decorating ideas that will help you create the home you want and still stay on budget.
DIY Decorating Ideas
1. Malachite knobs can be very expensive. Get the look for a fraction of the price using a Sharpie marker on a white porcelain knob. That’s right! A Sharpie marker. Faux Malachite Knobs Tutorial
2. A ruffled burlap tablecloth is casual elegance at its best. This tablecloth is so easy to make. If you can sew a straight line, you can make this tablecloth. Ruffled Burlap Tablecloth Tutorial
3. Give plain, inexpensive glass vases the look of high-end milk glass and white ceramic. All it takes is a little bit of white spray paint. Milk Glass and Faux White Ceramic Tutorial
4. Add stylish storage to your bathroom for very little money by using storage crates and decorative brackets. Storage Crate Shelves Tutorial
5. Give a chair extra pizzazz by reupholstering it in a woven design. This fabulous French style chair was done using a painter’s dropcloth (love those things!). It only takes an easy step or two more, but the final result is worth it. Woven Upholstery Tutorial
6. Turn an old window into a nifty chalkboard calendar. This old window was found on the side of the road. (Yes! True trash-to-treasure!) If your roadsides don’t reveal such bounty, you can also find them at salvage shops and junks stores. Chalkboard Calendar Window Tutorial
7. Ikea cabinets are a great solution if you need additional closet space or have a room without a closet. You can give them the look of a custom built-in with some plywood and molding. Customized Ikea Closet Tutorial
Which one of these DIY projects do you think you’d like to do for your home?