DIY Projects Using Wallpaper. It’s not even Thursday yet and I already have some fun and thrifty DIY projects for you. What do these all have in common? They’re each done using a single roll or less of wallpaper. Wallpaper isn’t just for walls anymore! Here are a dozen different projects for you.
DIY Projects Using Wallpaper
1. Save money and freshen up a room by covering an old lampshade with a graphic patterned wallpaper like this blue and white nautical inspired stripe. Wallpaper Lampshade Tutorial
2. A bed just doesn’t look complete without a headboard of some kind. If you don’t have the space or funds for a regular headboard, make one using wallpaper. Wallpaper Headboard Tutorial
3. Revamp a boring dresser by putting wallpaper on the drawer fronts. Then paint out the dresser in a coordinating color.
4. Mismatched wallpaper in blue and white offers a bit of the unexpected when applied to these stair risers. The look is cohesive because the patterns are all in similar colors and style, and there is plenty of white space to break things up.
5. Give your light switch plates a little pizzazz by wrapping them in wallpaper. Wallpaper Light Switch Plate Tutorial
6. A little bit of wallpaper gives a plain roller shade a beautiful and stylish update. Here the window trim has been painted out in a coordinating color to frame the shade. Wallpaper Window Shade Tutorial
7. Cover empty coffee tins with wallpaper, stack them, and wrap it all up with a belt to make a cute desk or craft organizer. Wallpaper Coffee Tins Tutorial
8. Turn ordinary doors into something fabulous by adding a colorful inset of wallpaper. This is a great way to introduce a bold pattern into a room. Wallpaper Door Inset Tutorial
9. Use wallpaper to spruce up the small spaces in your kitchen, like inside the drawers. Add a touch of whimsy by mixing and matching various patterns and colors.
10. A pair of blonde wood stools had no personality until they were covered with wallpaper and a little Mod Podge. Now they’re fun and colorful side tables.
11. Make your own hanging wall art with a few wallpaper scraps. Roll the top and bottom of the wallpaper over a wooden dowel and attach with glue or staples. Tie a decorative ribbon or cord from the top and it’s ready to hang.
12. Create your own unique coasters by affixing wallpaper to the backs of glass squares. This is a great way to use up scraps of wallpaper. Wallpapered Glass Coasters Tutorial
Which one of these projects do you think you’d like to try first?