DIY Decorating Ideas. It’s the first Thrifty Thursday of February! I found some fabulous DIY decorating projects to share with you this week. So let’s get to it!
DIY Decorating Ideas
1. This lovely pillow looks like the high-end embellished burlap pillows you find in expensive designer shops, but it was made for a fraction of the price. Felt Flower Petal Pillow Tutorial
2. One of the cheapest ways to cover windows is with roller shades, but they look so plain. Banish the blah’s by covering them in a pretty fabric. For very little investment, you can have attractive and functional window shades. Fabric Covered Roller Shade Tutorial
3. The Eagan mirror from Pottery Barn adds style to any room, but it’s quite expensive. You can get the same look for a whole lot less by making your own. That includes the cute rosette details. Pottery Barn Eagan Mirror Knock-Off Tutorial
4. Creating a large wall mural doesn’t have to cost a fortune or require artistic skills. All you need is an image of your choice, a projector and the ability to trace. Wall Mural Tutorial
5. Break up a long expanse of wall and add interest by installing wainscoting in an x-pattern. It’s an easy way to get a lot of style on a budget. X-Pattern Wainscoting Tutorial
6. Sometimes it’s difficult to find an ottoman or bench in just the right size and color. The solution, make your own. This tufted button bench was made from leftover balustrades and pieces of wood. Topped off with a fun green striped fabric, it makes quite a statement. Tufted Button Bench Tutorial
7. An excellent way to add an architectural feature to your home is to install board and batten wainscoting. It gives a finished look to any room. Board and Batten Tutorial
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Thrifty Thursday decorating ideas. Do you have a favorite?