DIY Decorating Ideas. It’s Thrifty Thursday! Time for more great money-saving DIY projects to help you decorate your home. Here are 7 of the best DIY decorating projects I’ve found for you this week.
DIY Decorating Ideas
1. The fabulous herringbone pattern on this table top was done with paint sticks. Yes! The kind they give away for free at the paint store. That’s budget-friendly DIY at its best. And it’s so simple to do, too. Herringbone Pattern Paint Stick Table Top Tutorial
2. Industrial looking wood coffee tables can be quite expensive. To get the style and save money, make your own. This table was made with cedar planks and plumbing supplies. Another fun and easy project. Industrial Coffee Table Tutorial
3. Transform a plain drum shade by adding colorful ribbons in an eye-catching crisscross pattern. This is a no-sew project. Crisscross Lampshade Tutorial
4. If you need to seat several kids in a small space, here’s a fabulous solution for you. Make them their own “breakfast bar” or as the designer calls it “table for five”. Kid-Size Breakfast Bar Tutorial
5. Many of the islands that come standard in homes are just a little too small. The work area on this island was expanded with a larger countertop supported by decking posts. Now there’s even a place for two stools to fit easily underneath. Kitchen Island Transformation Tutorial
6. Add style and comfort to plain wooden bar stools by cushioning them with foam padding and upholstering them in a fun fabric. Padded Kitchen Bar Stools Tutorial
7. These Mr. and Mrs. pillows are a knock-off of a Ballard Designs set, but were done for a fraction of the cost. Mr. and Mrs. Pillow Set Tutorial
Be sure to follow the link to the tutorials for complete details on each project. Which one of today’s DIY projects do you think you’d like to try?