Living Room Makeovers. I love before-and-after photos of rooms. It gives me a chance to compare each one closely to really see what the decorator or designer did to create the change. Having a chance to see the “before” also often helps me to appreciate the “after” even more. To offer you inspiration in your decorating, I’ve found 8 fabulous living room makeovers to share with you today.
Living Room Makeovers: Before and After
1. This living room went from so-so to sensational is only 9 hours. Changing the furniture layout made the space feel larger and offered more entertaining options. Colorful accessories and additional lighting helped to liven things up. See the whole process of this one-day living room makeover here.
2. A very traditional dark brown family room was turned into a bright and airy new space. White furniture and wall planks worked beautifully with the cheery wall color to lighten things up. Accents in yellow added a pop of sunny color.
3. Dark paneling kept this large living room locked in the 1970’s. Removing the paneling and bringing in color instantly updated the space. Also gone is the drab carpet; it’s been replaced with wood floors.
4. White walls and unfinished cement floors did nothing to help this living room. Finishing the floors in a warmer color and adding gray paint to the walls began the transformation. Bright colors and unique accents completed this room and gave it plenty of personality.
5. Dark stained beams and dull colors made this room seem closed in. Painting the beams and woodwork in a light grey and the walls in white opened the room up. This helped to visually expand the space. The blue in the fabric brought in much needed additional color.
6. This living room was suffering from a case of the boring beiges. Painting the walls in a vibrant color helped to make the sofa stand out. Colorful window treatments, chairs and accessories banished the blahs for good. More photos and details here.
7. This living room hadn’t changed much since the 70’s. However, with a limited budget the space was transformed. The overpowering marigold was painted out in a crisp white. Then, the back of the bookcase was painted in a soft blue to add depth. More photos and details here.
8. All white left this living room washed out and bland. Simply by adding touches of color, fabulous pillows and interesting accessories the space was given style and pizzazz. And it was all done in just a day. Details on how to decorate in a day and more photos here.
Which one of these changes do you like the best? In what room in your house would you like to do a makeover?