Furniture Makeovers. One of the best ways to save money when decorating is to repaint old furniture. Never underestimate the power of paint when it comes to transforming things that are outdated or worn out. (If only it worked on clothes and people! ) A bright bold color in a glossy finish gives an instant update to just about anything. While distressed finishes can take the newest piece and make it look like a vintage antique. For your inspiration, I’ve found 10 amazing furniture makeovers done with paint. Each one has a detailed how-to. Just follow the link to see how it was done.
Furniture Makeovers: Before and After
1. Vibrant green paint gave this sad china cabinet a glamorous and sophisticated new look. More photos and details here.
2. The magic of paint transformed this wood armoire and brought attention to all its fine details. More photos and information here.
3. New brass lion pulls and dynamic high-gloss blue paint took this side table from ho-hum to fabulous. More photos and details here.
4. A compass rose and stripes added much needed charm to this dull, dried-out brown dresser. There is the cutest story that goes along with this makeover. You can read it here and see more photos of this project.
5. The look of this boring pine armoire earned it the name “Beastly”. Painting it in just the right blue completely updated it. More photos and details here.
6. This mid-century modern dresser had great lines. All it needed was a little revamping. A bit of paint and a cute stencil helped it become a classy vintage piece. More photos and details here.
7. The grey and white painted harlequin pattern added a touch of whimsy to an old piece of furniture and gave it new life. More photos and details here.
8. Painting a fun pattern of white birch trees on a grey background revitalized this dresser. It can now be repurposed for any room in the house. More photos and details here.
9. Removing dated glass panels and painting it in a sophisticated color changed this cabinet’s entire personality. More photos and details here.
10. The fabulous yellow finish on this desk armoire was done with spray paint and glaze. More photos and details here.
Later this week, I’ll be sharing furniture painting tips from some of the top DIY bloggers. Be sure to look for it!
Which one of these makeovers do you like the best?