Red Paint Colors: Favorite Picks From Designers. With Valentine’s Day just a few days away, I’m seeing the color red everywhere. So, I thought what better time to do a post on this bold, dynamic color. And share a few red paint colors that are the favorite picks of tops designers.
Here’s a little information about this vibrant color. Red is such a powerful color that it increases respiration rate and raises blood pressure. Red is often used in restaurants and dining rooms because it’s supposed to stimulate the appetite. Red demands attention, making it the perfect choice for stop signs, stoplights and fire hydrants.
Red is an emotionally charged color. It can be associated with energy, strength, passion, love or war depending on the shade or tone. Here are the meanings of the different colors of red (courtesy of Color Wheel Pro):
- Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
- Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness.
- Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
- Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities.
- Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall.
Red Paint Colors
Keep in mind that colors don’t always render the same on every monitor. To see the true colors, I suggest stopping by a Benjamin Moore store to check out the color chips. Before making a final decision, it’s always a good idea to buy a sample and put some paint up in the room to see how it looks at different times of the day.
If you like the color red, you’ll want to check out these great ideas:
What’s your favorite red paint color?
NOTE: The red used in the background of the “label lid” is just a random hex color. It’s not from a paint sample.