Closet Door Ideas. Closet doors are often overlooked as a decorative element in rooms. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to bring style and character to a space by doing something great with them. Here are some closet door ideas for inspiration.
Closet Door Ideas
1. Last summer I featured a room created by one of my readers. I shared the entire room on my post Room Decorating Ideas: A Girl’s Bedroom with a Mod Vibe. These closet doors are part of that room. They were designed to look like a whimsical armoire.
2. Use black chalkboard paint to turn flat panel closet doors into a super-sized canvas in a kid’s bedroom or play area.
3. Turn a kid’s room into a superhero’s room by using paint to transform the closet door into a phone booth.
4. Upgrade plain, flat panel doors and add architectural detail by attaching wood molding. Finish by applying a fresh coat of paint.
5. Add geometric frosted shapes to ordinary glass doors for an inexpensive way to give them a contemporary update.
6. Adding slim full-length mirrors to flat closet doors and trimming them out with molding is a great way to bring a contemporary vibe to a room and make it seem larger.
7. Bring softness to a room by removing the closet doors and using curtains in their place. It will also help to visually expand the space in the room.
8. Add interest to plain closet doors by painting them and adding a trim detail in an accent color. Two-Tone Closet Door Tutorial
9. Barn-style doors are being used inside the home for just about everything. Give your room extra charm by using them for closet doors.
10. Decorate your closet doors with wallpaper. You can cut it out in shapes or cover the entire door. To take it a step further, put the paper in the center of the door and outline it with wood trim.
Have you done anything special to your closet doors?