Want to add an ottoman to your decor, but find they’re too expensive? These fun DIY ottoman projects add style to your home without breaking the budget. Ottomans are extremely versatile and functional pieces of furniture. They can be used as hidden storage, extra seating, additional table surface, and a place to prop your feet up. Ottomans are also a wonderful way to bring in a new texture or pattern to a room. On previous Thrifty Thursdays I shared a couple of DIY ottomans. This past winter I featured a coffee table that was transformed into an ottoman. It’s a little bit different than the one featured today. A few weeks later, I showed you a cool project on how to create an X-bench. I’ve found some more creative and easy-to-follow DIY ottoman projects to feature on today’s Thifty Thursday.
DIY Ottoman Projects
1. Large tufted upholstered ottomans make fabulous coffee tables, but they can be very expensive. Save money and get the look by making your own by repurposing an old square wood coffee table. Coffee Table to Tufted Ottoman Tutorial
2. It’s hard to find great vintage ottomans. So what do diy-ers do when they can’t find it? They make it! This cool retro ottoman with the atomic legs was made out of salvaged electrical spools. Salvaged Electrical Spool Ottoman Tutorial
3. Even a simple ottoman can cost hundreds of dollars. But you can make this stylish version for a fraction of the price. Plus, you can customize it with whatever fabric and legs you want. Simple Stylish Ottoman Tutorial
4. Minimal tools, no-sewing and basic upholstery skills are all it takes to create these colorful ottomans. Covering them in embroidered textiles gives them a trendy high-end look. Trendy Ottoman Tutorial
5. I love it when the unexpected is used to create something amazing. And this is very unexpected. This ottoman was made from a plastic utility bucket. Yes; one of those big orange buckets from Home Depot! It’s so easy and inexpensive to do! Utility Bucket Ottoman Tutorial
Get more for your decorating dollars by making your own ottoman with one of these fun DIY ottoman projects. It’s a great way to add style to any room.
For more creative ideas, check out all the DIY project tutorials that have been featured on The Decorating Files.