Creating extra storage or display space is easy with these creative DIY shelving ideas. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also easy on the budget. Built in shelving or shelf units can take up a huge chunk of the decorating budget. By making your own you can save quite a bit of money. Today’s DIY shelving projects are some of my favorites that I’ve found so far. You can find the ones I’ve featured on the blog in the past on my DIY Project Tutorials page. If you want to change the look of shelving units you already have, check out these great ideas for updating bookcases.
DIY Shelving Ideas
1. Plumbing parts and “aged” wood shelves combine to create a trendy industrial rustic shelf unit. You can find everything you need at your local home improvement store. Industrial Rustic Shelf Unit Tutorial
2. This fabulous rope shelving was made for less than fifty dollars. It adds so much character and style to the space and looks like it came from a high-end boutique. Rope Shelf Tutorial
3. This shelving idea combines display space and much needed extra storage via the hanging baskets. It’s so easy to make, you can have it done in a day. Shelf with Hanging Storage Tutorial
4. Adding hooks to a simple DIY shelf turns it into a great entryway drop spot for coats, purses, backpacks, etc. Entryway Shelf with Hooks Tutorial
5. These picture shelves are almost identical to the ones you can find at Pottery Barn, but they were made for a fraction of the price. And they are super simple to make. This one is going on my list! Simple Picture Shelf Tutorial
Making your own DIY shelving is easy with the great tutorials that are featured here today. You can stay within your decorating budget while creating additional storage with these stylish shelving projects.