Dress up your table with some fun DIY crafts. If your dining room is looking a bit blah, adding a tablecloth can quickly change things. A tablecloth is a great way to introduce style, color and texture to a room. This also works in breakfast rooms and small dining nooks. In previous posts, I shared some fun dining room decorating ideas and the most popular dining room chair styles. Combine those ideas with a fabulous new tablecloth and your room is ready for entertaining!
DIY Crafts: Tablecloths
1. Give your dining room a colorful boost with this bright and cheery tablecloth. What sets it apart from others is that the runner is built-in. This creates a focal point and sets the stage for a fabulous center piece. Built-in Runner Tablecloth Tutorial
2. Embellish a plain white tablecloth with ruffles of inexpensive burlap. For very little money, you can give any tablecloth a sophisticated, custom look. Ruffled Burlap Trimmed Tablecloth Tutorial
3. Another fantastic way to use a painter’s drop cloth in your home decor is as a tablecloth. Customize yours by painting it with stripes using regular interior paint. Painted Drop Cloth Tablecloth Tutorial
4. Here’s another fun way to decorate with burlap. Cut it in strips and use them to skirt a tablecloth. To give it extra pizzazz, the burlap strips are mixed with fabric strips and toile. You can have so much fun with this! Ruffled Rags Tablecloth Tutorial
5. Have you ever had lots of beautiful fabric, but felt it was just too narrow to make a tablecloth? That’s no longer a problem! With a few easy cuts, you can turn that narrow fabric into the tablecloth you want it to be. Narrow Fabric Tablecloth Tutorial
Tablecloths bring style, color and texture to a room. Make your own custom tablecloth with the help of these easy-to-follow tutorials. Which one is your favorite?