Decorating your home is fun with creative DIY projects. You already know about the power of paint in transforming a home. Paint also makes for the most fun DIY projects. Today, I have 5 new DIY projects to share with you and each one of them involves using paint of some kind.
DIY Projects Using Paint
1. You can find these inexpensive, plastic door mirrors at any discount store. It’s so easy to transform them into glamorous mirrors with a trendy X-pattern. All it takes is a piece of MDF, a little molding and some metallic paint. Upcycled Door Mirror Tutorial
2. If reupholstering is not in the budget, try paint. This chair was painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and accented with a stripe detail and stenciling. This one I have to try! Painting Fabric with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Tutorial
3. You don’t need to be an artist to create this artwork. First the canvas was pre-treated with a dark stain. Then, the image was projected onto it and traced. It’s so easy to do! Canvas Artwork Tutorial
4. This project requires a bit more involvement than most of the ones I feature here, but it’s so lovely I just had to share it with you. The flower pattern was traced onto the sanded wood and then filled in with stain. It’s the special way the stain was applied that gives this piece its unique look. Floral Pattern Stained Buffet Tutorial
5. Upcycle a glass frame by painting your own special message on it. This would make a great gift for Mother’s Day. This one is also super to do! Painted Glass Art Tutorial
Paint is the great transformer. It can change a plain surface to art and re-imagine furniture, both wood and upholstery. I hope you enjoyed today’s featured DIY projects.