In the November holiday issue of the newsletter I shared tips on how to stay calm and organized when preparing holiday meals and helpful hints to make clean-up easier. I also shared some last minute hostess gift ideas. In the past week I’ve received so many requests in Ask the Decorating Files for ideas for last minute hostess gifts that I thought I should post that particular article here on the blog, too. This time of year, we could all use a few extra helpful tips.
Last Minute Hostess Gift Ideas
Holiday parties and gatherings are a great time to catch up with family and friends. We need to thank those lovely folks that put on these parties for us and let them know how much it’s appreciated. Often though in all the hustle and bustle of the season, our minds are on so many things that we put off planning a hostess gift until the last minute. To help you out, here are some last-minute hostess gift ideas.
- Sweets from the bakery such as cookies, pies, and cakes
- High quality nuts or dried fruits
- Fresh produce in a basket
- Specialty cheese or gourmet jam
- A loaf of fresh bakery bread or specialty rolls
- Gourmet coffee or tea
- A bottle of wine, exotic flavored seltzers, fancy imported beers, top-shelf liquors, or flavored alcohol
- A potted plant or fresh flowers (preferably in a vase so the hostess doesn’t have to stop what she’s doing to arrange them)
- An empty photo album or frame
- Fancy pet treats (if she has a pet)
There’s no need to show up empty handed at the next holiday party. These thoughtful last minute hostess gift ideas will show your appreciation. And your hostess will love them! What’s the best hostess gift you’ve ever received?
Image Background via Better Homes and Gardens