No matter what time of year it is, a burst of sunshine is always welcome. And there aren’t many colors that say “sunny” better than yellow. Yellow is considered the most happy color in the spectrum, because it is shown to cause your body to release more serotonin (the” feel-good” brain chemical) when you are around it. This makes you feel happy, optimistic and lighthearted. You can check out more interesting facts about yellow and see what yellow paint colors are designers’ favorites here.
To enjoy the effects yellow has on a room, doesn’t mean you have to paint all the walls yellow. Even in small pops here and there, it can really wake up a room. Bringing in a yellow rug or sofa would have a big impact in any space. Or you could go with something as simple as adding a pillow or a few accessories. Yellow is the color spectrum’s brightest, so it’s the first color your eyes pick up on. That’s why even the smallest amount will liven things up. Here are 14 ways you can bring a splash of yellow into your home. If you see something you like, all the shopping information is listed below.
Shopping Information for Yellow
- nuLOOM Handmade Marrakesh Moroccan Wool Trellis Rug
- Bugatti VOLO – 2 Slice Electronic Toaster
- Cyan Design Moonbeam Vase
- Jonathan Adler Ice Bucket
- Taxi Tea Towel
One Kings Lane
- Alassis Neroli & Bergamot Candle
- Pineapple Side Plates – Set of 4
Dot & Bo
- Vivid Stripes 16″ Wide Semi-Flush Ceiling Light
- Ceramic Decorative Stool
- Siena Placemat
- Maxwell & Williams™ Sprinkle Collection 12.5 Oz. Mug
Bed Bath and Beyond
- Hash Print Medium Throw Pillow
- Loni M. Designs Merrell Contemporary Sofa
- Crazy Head Mini Hook
Made in Design
What is your favorite way to add a pop of color in a room?